Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Things to do close to Chimney Rock

Hi all,

Spent some time exploring my surroundings and found some beautiful places to visit that are within an hours drive from Chimney Rock.  My first adventure was getting a little taste of the Pisgah National Forest.  I didn't have a lot of time so I was only able to see the Looking Glass Falls and complete a small hike.  My hike was along the Cat Gap trail which was challenging due to the constant uphill terrain but peaceful with all the sounds of nature surrounding me as I went.  The only regret was the lack of bug spray which I hope I never forget to bring again. The second location I visited was the Dupont State Forest which is in between Hendersonville and Brevard.  This is truly the Land of Waterfalls.  I was able to see half of the area and I look forward to my next trip back to finish the rest.  What I did see was the Triple, Hooker, and High Falls.  The hikes to each location is very manageable and the reward is worth every step.  I hope to have pictures of these great places on the FCM website soon.  I highly recommend a trip to Dupont State Forest and I'm planning to return next week to see the falls I missed.  Happy travelling.

Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment